Saturday is hereeeeee!
Want to know why I’m so excited?
- It’s been a productive work week.
- A big blogaversary is coming up soon (like in 2 days).
- I’m leaving for Paris with my husband in less than a week!
I hope you have a few things to celebrate, too!
At the least, we have these easy pizza dough cinnamon rolls. Mario Batali endorses them, so, what more do you need to know?
Buy your favorite pizza dough (or heck, make it if you’re into that) and then gather your butter, sugar, cinnamon, flour and all of your family and friends. It’s about to get really delicious!
Pro tip: Trader Joe’s pizza dough is good, but Whole Foods pizza dough is even better (but a little more expensive). Choose as you please.
Here’s how you make them:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and butter a small cake pan.
- Roll about 1/2 lb. pizza dough on a floured surface, until it’s about 1/8 think. (I just made a half batch for mine).
- Melt 1/2 stick of butter and pour it evenly on top of the dough. Then, sprinkle 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tbs. cinnamon evenly over the dough.
- Carefully roll the dough away from you. Then, cut the dough into even slices, about 3″ thick. Place them in the cake pan, close together, and bake for 30-40 minutes (until lightly browned).
- While they’re baking, make the icing by boiling water and adding 1/4 cup to 2 cups of powdered sugar, mixing until the right consistency.
- Let the cinnamon rolls cool, then drizzle with icing.