Fourth of July is tomorrow…and there’s still time to make a quick meal plan for the big day.
Seriously- even if you can only make 1 grocery run, you’ve got this. Especially if you have a grill.
It’s the perfect time of year to utilize your grill for every part of the meal. I mean it! I’m talking to apps to dessert, all with that delicious, smoky flavor attached to them.
So, here’s what I’m thinking for this “July 4 Grill-fest”:
- Buy some eggplants to throw on the grill and turn into babaganoush (serve with pita or pita chips)
- Whip up some white bean hummus and grill some fresh pita to go on the side
- Grill up some classic burgers or dogs (we like smash burgers with chopped onions in them and American cheese on top)
- Grill up some corn on the cob, the easy way (and please top it with garlic chive butter)
- Add some bell peppers, hot peppers, squash and zucchini sliced (tossed in olive oil and spices) onto the grill for a bit of a char
- Grilled fries are also delicious
- Grilled pineapple is my new go-to summer dessert, served with the best vanilla ice cream you can get your hands on
Happy grilling, ya’ll!