If you’re looking for a way to use up the last of your winter potato stash, then I’ve got just the thing.
This Baked Egg Hash recipe is simple and satisfying, and it only takes like 30 minutes to make.
You can do it with sweet potatoes, white potatoes, peppers, carrots- basically whatever you have laying around in the fridge or pantry. You just sauté those a bit with some onion and garlic, then crack a few eggs inside and finish off in the oven. We often do a nice hit of hot sauce as a finisher.
Here’s how you make it:
- Chop a large potato and 1/2 onion into a dice or cubes. Mince a clove of garlic.
- Heat a cast iron skillet on medium-high heat and add a few tbs. of oil.
- Cook the potato, onion and garlic, stirring occasionally until browned on outside. (You can add in peppers or spinach at this time, if using). Then, make a few wells for the eggs.
- Crack the eggs into the prepared wells and put in a 400 degree oven for 5+ minutes until eggs look cooked through.
- Top with any herbs you like and hot sauce and enjoy!